Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions*
"By applying to take part in a skydive in aid of The Children's Hospital Charity, you are bound by the following terms and conditions and agree:
- Minimum age is 16, under 18s require a Membership Agreement signed by a parent/guardian. All jumpers need to complete a Declaration of Fitness form. These forms will be provided upon registration.
- Maximum weight is 95kg (approx. 15st) fully clothed at Hibaldstow in Lincolnshire, a surcharge of £15 will be added to those weighing between 96kg and 100kg. The minimum weight is 44kg (approx. 7st / 98lbs). The minimum height is 147cm (approx 4ft10). Those who have a height and/or weight under this will require a harness fitting assessment before being approved. There is no upper height limit, as Skydive Hibaldstow have been able to accommodate taller customers, but they advise that anyone over 6ft5 will need to fit comfortably in the harness. The airfield will be adding a surcharge of £15 for those over 15st due to the equipment used. This will be charged on the day of check in after the participant has been weighed.
- Approval to skydive on a given day is based on wind strength and speed and your own unique personal combination of Age, Height and Weight as tandem jumpers are required to lift their legs up 90 degrees to their body to assist with the landing. Therefore, not all conditions are suitable for all tandem students and, for your safety, the Chief Instructor at Skydive Hibaldstow may choose to postpone your jump until wind conditions are more suitable. In some cases, this unfortunately may result in your skydive being rescheduled for an alternative date. This particularly affects those tandem students who are elderly, less agile, have limited mobility or are otherwise less physically fit as well as those who have a high body mass index of 27.5 or over, particularly females, or those close to the upper weight limit.
- Skydiving is an adventure sport and participation involves a risk of injury or death and you voluntarily accept all the risks inherent.
- If you intend to cover the cost of the skydive with sponsorship money, you will aim to meet the minimum fundraising target and deadline set by the charity (see the FAQ section for all details), otherwise you will cover the remaining amount yourself and/or pull out of the event and refund all monies to sponsors.
- To make every effort to exceed the minimum target.
- To send on any additional funds raised directly to the charity within the timeframe agreed. Failure to do so is considered theft.
- To make clear to sponsors if you are not paying for the skydive yourself and that the cost will be covered with sponsorship money.
- That you have read the postponement and cancellation terms and agree to them (see the statements in the FAQ section).
- That your contact details can be shared between the charity and Skydive Hibaldstow. This is so the charity may support you with your fundraising efforts and Skydive Hibaldstow can send you all the relevant information regarding your skydive. Your details will not be passed on by us to any other third party for any reason.
- That the charity will not accept any liability or responsibility for you taking part in the skydive.
- By registering for the skydive you are agreeing to be contacted by The Children's Hospital Charity for this event via email and in the post. We will also send you details of future events and charity news in the post and if you wish to opt in to receive emails about similar events please follow this link http://eepurl.com/AZlT1
By signing up for the skydive you agree you have read and agree to the terms and conditions above and are aware of the age, weight and medical restrictions for the skydive.