Terms & Conditions
Terms and Conditions*
I understand that outdoor adventurous activities including abseiling, may be physically, mentally and emotionally challenging. I accept that there are inherent risks associated with this type of activity.
"By applying to take part in an abseil in aid of The Children's Hospital Charity, you are bound by the following terms and conditions and agree:
- I must inform Dolomite staff of any health or medical issues that may affect my ability to participate in these activities safely. This includes symptoms of Covid 19.
- The environment that the activities take place has man made and natural hazards and risks.
- I accept that I need to take responsibility for myself and others whilst on any activity with Dolomite Training.
- I must at all times follow the safety instructions and ensure that all safety equipment is being used correctly. If I do not adhere to the instructions given by Dolomite staff there is a risk of injury that could be fatal.
- If I do not understand the instructions or I become confused about the instructions I will ask for help from Dolomite staff.
- Dolomite staff reserves the right to stop an activity with no refund if they deem you to be unsafe or unfit to participate.
- Approval to abseil on a given day is based on wind strength and other weather related events. Therefore, not all conditions are suitable for an abseil. For your safety, Dolomite staff may choose to postpone your abseil until conditions are more suitable. In some cases, this unfortunately may result in your abseil being rescheduled for an alternative date.
- You will aim to meet the minimum fundraising target and deadline set by the charity (see the FAQ section for all details).
- To make every effort to exceed the minimum target.
- To send on any additional funds raised directly to the charity within the timeframe agreed. Failure to do so is considered theft.
- That your contact details can be shared between the charity and Dolomite Training (the abseil company). This is so the charity may support you with your fundraising efforts and Dolomite Training can send you all the relevant information regarding your abseil. Your details will not be passed on by us to any other third party for any reason.
- That the charity will not accept any liability or responsibility for you taking part in the abseil.
- I agree that anyone I sign up for the abseil is aware of and agrees to the above terms and conditions.
- By registering for the abseil you are agreeing to be contacted by The Children's Hospital Charity for this event via email, phone and post. We will also send you details of future events and charity news in the post. If you wish to opt in to receive emails about similar events please follow this link http://eepurl.com/AZlT1
By signing up for the abseil you agree you have read and agree to the terms and conditions above.